Asset protection refers to strategies implemented to guard someone’s wealth against individuals who may have a claim against it, like creditors or litigants. Asset protection planning requires an attorney to take a holistic approach to protect you and your property.
Who Can Sue Me and Put My Assets at Risk?
- Business Partners & Associates
- Corporate Officers or Directors
- Patients or Customers
- Victims of Medical Malpractice
- Victims of Improper Medical Procedures
- Victims of Accidents in Your Clinic or Hospital
Asset Protection Laws in New York
Asset protection laws differ from state to state. For example, in New York, asset protection laws help protect individuals in cases involving:
- Real Estate – All real estate with a value of $75,000 to $150,000 is protected against creditors.
- Jewelry – Rings and Watches worth up to $1,000 are protected from creditors.
- Pets, Clothing, and Books – Protected against creditors.
Looking for an Asset Protection Attorney? Call Us Now
Our attorneys understand the healthcare industry and can advise you with all of your regulatory and compliance needs. We have represented hospitals, clinics, physicians, pharmacists, administrators, and other health care industry professionals with health care audits, investigations and litigation.